Receiving Important Information
In Blount County, there are many ways to receive important information regarding weather and road conditions. Here are seven ways to receive this vital information.:
- Ensure you have a weather radio that it is properly programmed and that the batteries are working. For more information on how to program a weather radio, click here.
- Sign up for weather alerts and emergency information for Blount County by visiting nixle.com or texting your zip code to 888777. The Nixle OneBridge app can also be downloaded from the App store or the Google Play store and will push notifications to your phone.
- Follow Blount County EMA and Blount County 9-1-1 on Facebook and Twitter. We will post frequent updates throughout the day.
- For those who do not use social media, (205) 625-4922 is our road conditions line that is updated regularly with any information regarding road closures (if they were to occur).
- If the storm system produces damage, an interactive map will be made available on our homepage at Blount911.org detailing damage reports and potential travel issues. Please refresh the page to view map updates.
- Have multiple ways to access local radio and television. Most stations now augment their traditional over-the-air broadcasts with live streams on their website and app. Be sure you understand how to utilize both in case of a power outage or service interruption.
- Know your storm shelters! Visit this link to view storm shelters in Blount County or view the map below.